Friday, July 27, 2012

What We're Eating: Fresco Jamaica 210

It's Fresco Chocolate week at Chocolopolis! We're featuring two Bars of the Week this week since two of our team members chose Fresco chocolate as their picks. Rob Anderson from Fresco Chocolate will be here on Saturday from 1-3pm, handing out samples and talking chocolate. Sebastian reviewed Fresco Ghana earlier this week, and now it's Emily's turn to review her favorite Fresco bar. Hope we'll see you Saturday! - Lauren, Chief Chocophile

Fresco Jamaica
I'm back with my staff pick for Anniversary month. This one is near and dear to me right now. In fact, it traveled 3,172 miles with me to visit it's country of Origin. Don't you bring chocolate with you when you travel? You never know what the supply might be like wherever you end up, so it's always a good idea to have a stash on hand.

What a view right?


The ocean looks pretty good too.

My husband and I savored this bar one little square at a time while lounging pool side trying to describe it to each other (I'm sure our fellow pool-goers thought us quite strange). Boy is it elusive.  Hints of jasmine and tropical fruits with a subtle, rustic, almost smoky taste ending in a sweet (but not too sweet) finish. Every time I eat it I am transported back to those warm beaches and turquoise seas with the smell of the jerk hut wafting our way. Chocolate is a powerful memory, and Fresco's Jamaica 210 will definitely stick in my memory.

Cheers!
Emily
Purveyor of fine chocolate

No comments: