Thursday, June 16, 2011

Remembering Dad this Father's Day

As Father's Day approaches this Sunday, I've been thinking a lot about my dad. This is my first Father's Day without him. He was never much into birthdays and holidays, particularly those he considered "greeting card" holidays. While Father's Day certainly qualified as a "greeting card" holiday in his book, he loved getting my cards, and he loved our recent tradition of going to a Yankees-Mariners game for a belated Father's Day celebration. I'm fortunate and lucky I got to spend these last three years in the same city with him. I cherish every moment he was in Seattle. I'm really lucky.

My unsolicited advice to those of you with a Dad still around is to enjoy him while you can. Don't put off until tomorrow what you can share with him today. While I could certainly suggest a gift of chocolate for Dad ;), the best present is quality time spent together.

In honor of my dad, I've provided a link to the chocolate-covered send off I gave him when he passed away in November. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. May you and your father have a wonderful Father's Day.

Chocolopolis: Farewell to Our Biggest Fan

No comments: